PARTY 105’S PARTY ON THE HOUSE 2017
CONTEST NAME: PARTY 105’S “PARTY ON THE HOUSE” (THE CONTEST)
STATION ADDRESS: 3075 VETERANS MEMORIAL HIGHWAY SUITE 201 RONKONKOMA NY 11779
1. Description of Contest/Participation
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on Tuesday September 5th and end on November 9th.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon number of participants.
B. How to Enter: WPTY will invite participants to register by logging onto the Station’s website at www.PARTY105.com and follow the contest links to complete the on-line registration form –Contestants must be registered with their name, e-mail and phone number as well as their age to be eligible to be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing. We will also allow on-site registration the day of the party expo - but will not announce that until November 6th. They will still need to supply us with all pertinent information to be eligible. Selection of the winner will be random, all entrants have an equal chance of winning. Drawing will be held live on site at the conclusion of our party expo at Danford's of Port Jefferson. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and meet all eligibility requirements (Be at least 18 years of age, have a valid Social Security Number and contact information)
TIME PERIOD FOR CONTEST
Tuesday September 5th, 2017 through Thursday November 9th
Grand Prize Drawing at Danford's, all participants must be present to win on Thursday November 9th 2017. Event will run 6pm till 9pm.
HOW TO PLAY: The Grand Prize Event (PARTY 105’s Party on the House) will take place on Thursday November 9th during a PARTY 105 Live Broadcast from 6-9pm. Official qualifiers must sign in upon arrival located at the PARTY 105 booth. On or about 9pm the Station will select the Grand Prize winner based random drawing. Qualifiers must be present to win. No substitutes or stand-ins will be allowed.
2. Prize(s): The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed by the station within 1 calendar year of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
As WPTY acquires confirmation of prizes supplied by sponsors for the event, they will be added to the official rules as the contest evolves. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
One Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
Party for up to (75) persons at Danford's of Port Jefferson. Danford's will supply a certificate outline to the winner stating exactly what is included within the package including the total value of the prize. The winner must schedule the winning party event during the 2018 calendar year.
Taxes and Event Staffing Fee (8.625% sales tax and 20% event staffing fee) on this portion of the prize must be paid by winner at time of booking. If winner is unable to make payment as outlined, the Station reserves the right to disqualify winner and select an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Winner must sign agreement with Danford's of Port Jefferson and is subject to all terms and conditions in the agreement.
Grand Prize holds no cash value and retains no reciprocation value whatsoever should the winner not book their event for the full limit of (75) persons. There is no discount or value that will be offered to any difference in the amount of attendees booked up to the prize limit of (75) persons.
Any changes, upgrades or substitutions to packages are subject to additional fees at winner’s expense. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. No cash equivalent for prize will be awarded. Prize is not transferrable. If a winner cannot be contacted or disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Actual party date is subject to availability at the discretion of Danford's. Party date must be held by December 30, 2018. Winner is responsible to pay any sales tax and/or event staffing fee, if applicable. Winner is ultimately responsible for her/his own plans.
3. Standard Eligibility and Limitations: Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. The age limit will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Station, please refer to each contest’s official rules. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor, must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest’s rules, only one (1) entry per person. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation, or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment, not set up for toll free exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or failures of any kind including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions or entry forms is permitted.
5. Voting Contests: By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes by the same user or users, including but not limited to votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, character, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content: IF THE ENTRY FOR THE CONTEST INCLUDES ANY CREATIVE MATERIAL FROM THE PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST EACH PARTICIPANT IS VERIFYING THAT (1) YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED, AND (2) YOU ARE HEREBY GRANTING THE COMPANY AND THIS STATION A PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE, NON-EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE, SUB-LICENSABLE (THROUGH MULTIPLE TIERS) RIGHT AND LICENSE TO USE, PUBLISH, REPRODUCE, DISPLAY, PERFORM, ADAPT, MODIFY, DIUSTRIBUTE, HAVE DISTRIBUTED AND PROMOTE SUCH CONTENT IN ANY FORM, IN ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER CREATED, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, FOR ANY PURPOSE.
8. Release: By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury, or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner music provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, international interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
DOWNLOAD RULES & REGULATIONS